Saturday, February 28, 2015

Four Words That Can Change Everything...

"I AM WITH YOU." These four words
are like a safety net, protecting you from falling into despair. Because you are human, you will always have ups and downs in your life experience. But the promise of My Presence limits how far down you can go.
                                 - Jesus Calling, February 18th
     
This morning I took a breath, got my cup of coffee and sat down with Jesus Calling, a book that is usually part of my morning ritual. I know where I am in this book because it has a lovely built-in, satin ribbon book marker. 

Today is Saturday, February 28th. The book marker opened to February 18th, the entry quoted above. 


My first thought was..."Figures, dang it. One of the toughest weeks in a long time and I left Him behind. Again." 

I have been so busy being scared that I left God Almighty in the dust. I have been so busy preparing and venting about the difficulties I would face, that I didn't fully trust Him with it all. Give all of it to Him.

I'd like to say I did. But I didn't. Not really.


You see I did pray. And I did, intermittently, give this
hard situation to Him. Yet truth be told I always took it back and tried to solve it on my own.

I have been  to some tough meetings in my life, but I have never dreaded a meeting more than the one this week. The details don't matter. 


When you have several people who bully you (my perception), it is disheartening. I sought lots and lots of advice from people I trust about this situation. I even asked if I should go to the meeting. The emails leading up to it, from the same email folks from before, did not encourage me that all will be well. I could not, could not imagine that there could be a happy ending. 


And once again God answered my prayers in ways I never could have expected. He was with me every moment.

I left the meeting feeling light-hearted. The resolution was one that I could never have "made" happen. I could see the hand of God in the results. Did everything change? No. Did the attitudes of all the people change? No. 

Who changed? I did.

Jesus Calling goes on to say...
"Sometimes you may feel as if you are in a free fall
when people or things you had counted on let you down. Yet as soon as you remember that 
                                   I AM WITH YOU,
your perspective changes dramatically. Instead of bemoaning your circumstances, you can look to Me
for help."

Can I hear an "Amen!"


I AM WITH YOU. Four powerful words that, when I remember them, will change everything.
                            
When I remember God's love and forgiveness and His steadfastness in my life, my heart opens up and I feel the kind of relief that comes from letting go.

Letting it all go!


The kind of relief that comes from trusting Him. Completely. Giving the situation to Him. Completely.


Today, no matter your ups and downs, may you

give your burdens to Him. He will carry them for you. He holds you in the palm of His Almighty hand. 

May we all, with His help and grace, remember His sacred promise to us...
                         I AM WITH YOU.
Yes, Lord  you are and I am so grateful!

God Bless!

Love , Linda





                                            

1 comment:

Miss Myia said...

I love you, I'm proud of you, I miss you! Myia

God is Good ALL the Time! The Last Six Months....

          "You will lose someone you can't live without and your               heart will be broken. The bad news is that you neve...