Friday, June 09, 2017

A Bright Spot in a Very Hard Week...




"The most precious jewels you will ever have around your neck are the arms of a child!"

This week a very dear friend, and teaching colleague of 25 years, passed away in her sleep. Totally unexpectedly. She wasn't even ill for one day. 

Karen Clark was such a bright light, such a caring soul. She lived her life with love, kindness and quiet dignity. She was an amazing teacher and a steadfast friend. Even in the darkest of moments, Karen was a reminder of pure goodness. While Karen loved God, she didn't broadcast her faith. She just lived it. She spread love, His love, everywhere she went.

We are heartbroken, those of us who knew and loved Karen. Her students are grief-stricken. 

We are all in shock. 

* We are reminded that you can be here one day and gone the next. 

* We are reminded that life is short, often much shorter than we want it to be. 

* We are reminded to tell those we love that we love them, and to do it today!

So many reminders...so many life-lessons.

And in the midst of this profound grief, this little girl, sweet Annora Grace, has had her arms around my neck. Hugging me. Reminding me that "All is well"... even when it isn't. 

Her hugs have been a reminder of God's love, even in the midst of pain.

As I look at Annora's pictures posted here, I am also reminded of my very dear, forever friend, Jackie. For Annora's first birthday, my thoughtful and sweet friend got her several darling outfits, all monogramed with Annora's initials. 

Annora, or "Kissy" as we call her, is wearing one of our favorite outfits in this picture. 

Thank you, dear Jackie, for your friendship and love and your prayers for sweet Annora Grace! You are such a treasure!

And this week, this little sweetie of 13 months is taking steps all on her own. Look out world, she is on her way!! Annora, and her hugs, have been been a bright spot in a very hard week.

God Bless!
Love, Linda 


3 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm so very sorry to hear about the passing of your friend.
It is never easy to lose a friend, and to know that she died unexpectedly makes it even harder to comprehend.
My sincerest condolences, Linda.
Hugs from me....
As you smile regarding the hugs of your precious little one, it makes my heart smile to see her. She is a happy child, and she is lovely beyond words. I continue to pray for her health.
She is a breath of sunshine for you. ...Many breaths, actually.
God is so wonderful. I praise His Name.
Sending you much love,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I wanted to add a message on here to thank sweet Jackie for her thoughtful gift for Annora. What a treasure you are to my mom and I am grateful that she has such kind and generous friends in her life. What a treasure!

I also appreciate your prayers for my family. God is so good, no matter what! Having people stand with us, and on our behalf, just means the world to me!

Blessings Amy

Jackie said...

Dear Amy....
Thank you for these sweet words.
You, your precious Annora, your Mom, your Dad....all of your family are in my prayers. I count it a blessing to have your Mom as my friend.
It isn't an accident that God put her in my life. She is a wonderful friend, and I am so happy we met through blogging.
I send love and hugs to you and all those you love.
Always,
Jackie

God is Good ALL the Time! The Last Six Months....

          "You will lose someone you can't live without and your               heart will be broken. The bad news is that you neve...