Monday, November 14, 2011
So Grateful...So Blessed!
While it is always hard to let go of summer with its relaxed way of life, I love the Fall.
After all, it's Bert's favorite season. This cozy time of crock-pot soup, mums of orange , red and yellow gracing our home, throws pressed around us as we read by the fire, putting up white lights in our outdoor trees, watching leaves twirl and dance...it is ALL such a blessing.
And winter is on the way. I can feel it in my bones. The frosty nights have brought crinkly leaves in my gorgeous outdoor planters. The old plants, who adorned lush containers, have wilted and are headed to our compost. They will help to nourish next year's crop.
The seasons they are a changing.
And I am changing too.
The truth of the matter is that I just feel happy and content right now. I am choosing JOY
in the midst of whatever is going on around me. I am choosing GRATITUDE no matter what.
I am putting my hand in the Lord's hand at every turn, knowing that I don't know the whole story...but He does. I love the old spiritual that says:
"Put your hand in the hand of the Man who stilled the waters,
Put your hand in the hand of the Man who calmed the seas.
Take a look around and you will look at others differently,
by putting your hand in the hand of the Man from Gallilee."
Here are a few things I am grateful for right now:
1) Our beautiful new granddaughter, Glory Sihin, graces our family with her smile, warmth and humor. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture with her that heads up this post.
2) Seeing baby Owen's smile..it can light up a room! His giggle fills my life with joy!
3) Seeing Emma run a cross country race and being there to yell for her.
4) Having Jenna stay over night and "cooking" with her on our pretend stove.
5) Seeing Bert go outside and shake the tree limbs so Jenna could see the leaves "dance".
6) Having a job I continue to love after all of these years.
7) Going Christmas shopping with Jessi.
8) Seeing Amy teach a class with such fun and expertise.
9) Seeing Tim, after breaking his neck, finally get his halo removed and having his bone scan show some new bone growth. Praise God!
10) Working on some fun Christmas presents.
11) Looking everywhere for inspiration for drawing my Christmas card for 2011. I often find a book, painting, book cover, Christmas window etc that I can use as an" inspiration piece".
While I love drawing, and wish I had "original ideas", I am more of a "I bet I could draw that too!" kind of gal.
12) Making all kinds of yummy soups in our crock pot. We are not letting anything go to waste and it's fun to try new recipes or make them up. Our autumn squash soup is to die for.
13) Anticipating going to the Nutcracker ballet with Emma and Jessi. I LOVE holiday traditions!
14) Getting up early for my quiet time and prayer time. I love holding others up in prayer!
15) Having lost 14 lbs. since last summer and my knee injury. Dr. Staley is even proud of me as I do a monthly weigh-in.
16) Putting up candles all over our home to add a soft light to our living space.
The list goes on and on.
Most of all... I am grateful to be alive, to have a new day to live for Him, and to have so many people in my life that I love to the moon and back!
"Living "light and polite" is not really living. Living "light and polite" can be a...