Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Thought for the Day! ...Perseverence and Continuous Effort !


Winston Churchill once said,

"Continuous effort-not strength or intelligence- is the key to unlocking our potential."

I wonder if he was thinking about teachers at this point in the quarter?

The book reports are coming in, most students are exhausted, and one third of our faculty (including me) is sick with a bronchitis/flu bug!

If asked "how am I doing?"...my human self says "I'm just plugging"!

Yet a small voice inside me, heard between the hacking coughs, says ..."You are not alone. I am here through it all! I will help you find the strength for that continuous effort!!!"

This morning as I came to school, took all my medicine, and got ready for class...that small internal voice said "THANK GOODNESS FOR JESUS!!!"

So with HIS help, I will put forth a continuous effort, unlock my potential, and I will persevere through this "nasty bug."

God Bless! Have a great Tuesday full of continuous effort! Love, Linda

1 comment:

The Farrell Family said...

I'm sending get well wishes your way. I know that this bug is yucky! We're praying for your quick recovery.

Love you!

God is Good ALL the Time! The Last Six Months....

          "You will lose someone you can't live without and your               heart will be broken. The bad news is that you neve...