In times that are volatile and the stock market is going crazy, I love to sit by the fire and think about the constants in my life. These are blessings that bring me great joy, no matter what the outside world has going on.
Here are 13 blessings I am reminded of today:
1) Having Jacob overnight and making "real lemonade" from the lemons we grew in my sunroom. Jacob and Boppa now have a secret receipe that rivals any lemonade you can find in the country!
2) Going to Emma's soccer game and seeing her score 5, that's right 5 goals! She buzzed around the soccer field like a happy bee and made goal-making look easy. The grin on her beautiful face was priceless.!
3) Going to one of Zac's football games, or Kayla's soccer games, and see them play a sport that they love!
4) Seeing my new students get to really know each other and have fun in my class!
5) Holding Bert's hand as we walk anywhere that we are together. I adore that man!
6) Appreciating my healthy body. I have lost two friends to cancer in the last two weeks and I am going to a funeral tomorrow. I am so sad to lose Audrey and Dee and so blessed to have my health!
7) Loving my country and looking forward to casting my ballot in this election!
8) Going to the BBQ at Jacob's school and hearing him recite all the states in the union in less than 20 seconds!
9) Hearing the gospel choir at my church belt out the most amazing songs!
10) Hearing Amy or Jessi's voice on the telephone!
11) Having someone I care about comment on my blog!
12) Remembering that God loves me...no matter what!
May you count your blessings today!
Friday, October 10, 2008
"Living "light and polite" is not really living. Living "light and polite" can be a...