Saturday, March 09, 2019

Miracles....

                           I believe that today is a gift and that everyday
                     miracles are scattered about if only we
                               have eyes to see them.

This past week I was working with a student who, in
her words, "feels broken." She described some things
that had happened to her, and as I listened my heart
was in my throat. This beautiful, amazing, young woman,
God's own precious daughter, has been through so much.
She was hurt and the hurt oozed out of her words and
you could see the hurt in her eyes.

She asked me if I had ever been hurt and had ever felt
shattered and broken.

I paused for a minute and looked at her as a big tear
rolled down my cheek. It was hard to find the word,
even one word. The one word was more of a whisper
that came from my broken heart...

"yes"...was all that came out.

And with that "yes" I started to pray silently that the Lord
would give me just the right words to say to this wonderful
young lady. How could I honor her pain, but also tell her
that there is hope for healing. I took a deep breath before going on.

She just kept looking at me and I said...
            "God rescued me. At the hour of feeling shattered,
              He held me. He loved me. He told me the day
               would come that I would once again be okay."

Rescue me.
Yes, God rescued me.

Awhile back, my precious daughter Amy introduced me
to a song called "Rescue" by Lauren Daigle, a Christian artist. The powerful words of that song were on my heart. 

Amy got me the CD for my birthday, and I play it every day. Tears flow every time.


You see on so many, many occasions, God has given me the gift of healing, the gift of hope, the gift that when my heart is
breaking, He will be there. He will not forsake me or forget me. He will come after me and remind me that He loves me,
even in the darkest night and the hardest night.

He will help heal me so I can once again believe that...
              today is a gift and that everyday miracles
              are scattered about if only I have eyes to see them.

The God that made the heavens and the earth will not forget me. I am His daughter and He will hold me and help me.
He will hear the SOS in my heart.

"Help." 
"Help me Lord."
"I can't do this alone."

And just as the Lord helped me pick up the pieces of my life back then, He holds me now as my beloved Bert struggles with health issues that break my heart.

So I told this young lady, this daughter of the Almighty,
that God would rescue her. Call His name. Give your heart to Him. He will not fail you. His love will give you courage
and strength.

What I know for sure, is that God's promise holds true.

When our heart is breaking, He is there.
When life is wonderful, He is there.
When we feel hopeless, He is there.
We are not forgotten. 

He will send an army after us in the middle of our darkest night.

That promise reminds me to look for His miracles every day.
They are gifts from Him, if only I have eyes to see them.

God Bless!
Love,
Linda




1 comment:

Jackie said...

I love you, my friend.
Your wonderful witness for our Lord will exemplify the "Law of the Harvest" :

Reap what you sow
Reap more than you sow
Reap later than you sow.

You sow seeds of love, kindness, and compassion.
I am so pleased to be among those you have sown to and sown with.
Take care of you....and know that my prayers for Bert never cease.
Love,
J.

God is Good ALL the Time! The Last Six Months....

          "You will lose someone you can't live without and your               heart will be broken. The bad news is that you neve...