Thursday, November 30, 2006
THURSDAY THIRTEEN- THOUGHTS ON HOPE!!
One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is the rekindling of HOPE in people's hearts..that childlike hope that reminds us that we have much to be grateful for and so much to look forward to. I pass along this Thursday Thirteen List in the "hope" that it may renew your own HOPE!!
1)Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.
2)God makes a promise- faith believes it, hope anticipates it, patience quietly awaits it.
3)If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose the courage to be, that quality that helps you to go on in spite of it all. And so today, I still have a dream! - Martin Luther King Jr.
4) Children, at Christmas time, teach us all about hope!
5) Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense regardless of how it turns out. - Vaclav Havel
6)There is a crack in everything, that's how the light of hope gets in - Leonard Cohen
7) Just when I started to lose hope, you told me you loved me and I could believe in life again.
8) Faith and hope were ignited the day I learned that God loves me!
9)The word which God has written on the brow of every person is Hope. -Victor Hugo
10)Christmas is all about hope, God's hope for the world and our hope in the goodness of people. -Billy Graham
11) Hope never abandons you; you abandon it.
12)Hope is the anchor of the soul, the stimulus to action, and the incentive to achievement.
13) The best bridge between despair and hope is sometimes a good night's sleep!
So..in this magical time of Christmas, my prayer for each of you is that you will see life through the eyes of a child and that your HOPE will be renewed! God Bless! Linda
"Living "light and polite" is not really living. Living "light and polite" can be a...