Thursday, November 30, 2006

THURSDAY THIRTEEN- THOUGHTS ON HOPE!!



One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is the rekindling of HOPE in people's hearts..that childlike hope that reminds us that we have much to be grateful for and so much to look forward to. I pass along this Thursday Thirteen List in the "hope" that it may renew your own HOPE!!

1)Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.

2)God makes a promise- faith believes it, hope anticipates it, patience quietly awaits it.

3)If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose the courage to be, that quality that helps you to go on in spite of it all. And so today, I still have a dream! - Martin Luther King Jr.

4) Children, at Christmas time, teach us all about hope!

5) Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense regardless of how it turns out. - Vaclav Havel

6)There is a crack in everything, that's how the light of hope gets in - Leonard Cohen

7) Just when I started to lose hope, you told me you loved me and I could believe in life again.

8) Faith and hope were ignited the day I learned that God loves me!

9)The word which God has written on the brow of every person is Hope. -Victor Hugo

10)Christmas is all about hope, God's hope for the world and our hope in the goodness of people. -Billy Graham

11) Hope never abandons you; you abandon it.

12)Hope is the anchor of the soul, the stimulus to action, and the incentive to achievement.

13) The best bridge between despair and hope is sometimes a good night's sleep!

So..in this magical time of Christmas, my prayer for each of you is that you will see life through the eyes of a child and that your HOPE will be renewed! God Bless! Linda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of you. I like #1 too - I haven't heard that before but the image sticks with me. I love you, Mama... thanks for always making Christmas such a special time of year for our family.

Anonymous said...

Just look at the wonder in your eyes. What a beautiful picture.

#11 mentions that we abandon hope - people always say "I've lost hope" - that's so true we lose it, hope doesn't lose us.

Thank you for the beautiful reminder.

DDD House Corporation said...

Hey Mom!
I had to share with you a piece of sermon today from Pastor Joe at Life Center. It was about living your life through the relationship you have with the Lord. Surrendering all to him. And not just sitting back on cruise control but taking it to the finish line. I loved checking out your blog. And as long as I'm here I must thank you for bringing my dear friend Jessi into the world--I just love here to pieces.
Congrats on the 6 blocks. Go get em' girl.

XO,
Kim Montecucco

Anonymous said...

You had me at hello.........

I had a giant lump in my throat after reading your #1!!!!!!!!

With out hope, everything dies.....

Our faith, our health, our dreams, our future..........

Great Post idea and very emotional for me to read and be reminded.......

Thank you for blessing my day.......

I HOPE you feel loved in a special way today..........

Love you............

God is Good ALL the Time! The Last Six Months....

          "You will lose someone you can't live without and your               heart will be broken. The bad news is that you neve...