Sunday, November 19, 2006

"MEMORY MAKERS" FROM THIS LAST WEEK!

As I approach sixty, I've become very aware of savoring every moment. I relish those moments where time almost stands still and a precious memory is being made. Here are some of my delightful "memory makers" from this past week. I am so grateful for all of them: Christmas shopping with Emma, having dinner with Jessi and Emma Thursday night and having a meaningful heart-to-heart talk with Jessi, going with Amy to her OBGYN appointment on Friday and having time there with Zac, Kayla, and Jacob, hearing Jacob read an ENTIRE book to me and reading every word correctly :), watching Bert take a nap and holding his hand while he slept, fixing a poached salmon dinner for my sweetie, going to SCC early Saturday morning to grade papers in the peace and quiet, taking Madison, Zac, Kayla, and Jacob to see Santa Claus 3, going to church today with Bert and singing my lungs out with the gospel choir, having a perfect cup of hot chocolate with pepermint sprinkles, hearing that Kayla had accepted Jesus as her personal Lord and Savior, taking a three block walk in the early morning dark and having my ankle hold out, getting a wonderful and personal email from Kathi Best that helped me realize how alike we are, talking for an hour long distance to my friend Sharon Hartnett...the list goes on and on. In this busy holiday season, I want to be ever mindful of each blessing! I will carry these "memory maker moments" in my heart!

5 comments:

Kim Herring said...

Linda - what a special weekend for you. I'm glad your ankle is getting stronger.

The Farrell Family said...

It was great to see you this weekend. Thanks for your help at the appointment and for taking the children for an outing on Saturday. It gave me just enough time for a refreshing nap. Love you and thanks for being such a huge part of my life!

Anonymous said...

I love you, Mama. Thanks for being one of my memory makers.

Anonymous said...

THOSE ARE FANTASTIC MEMORIES. YOUR KIDS ARE FORTUNATE TO HAVE YOU TO MAKE THOSE MEMORIES WITH! I LOOK FORWARD TO MAKING MEMORIES WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. . . .

Anonymous said...

WoW! If every week could be like this one, you would live every second of every day at JOY!!

All the things you mentioned had to do with several things that are gifts and tank fillers to my heart also...

*Quality Time with ones you love
*Meaningful Converstations
*Words of Affirmation
*Investing in Realtionships
*Giving to others

I love how you call them "memory maker moments" (3M's) or maybe (M&M's) :o) well what every you call it, I am happy for you that it all Blessed your life, and if your life was truely blessed, it blessed all the others along the way..............

Love makes the world go around....

God is Good ALL the Time! The Last Six Months....

          "You will lose someone you can't live without and your               heart will be broken. The bad news is that you neve...