Saturday, September 01, 2007

Food For My Soul...



"God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me."

-Tamara Hall

I have lived with the Serenity Prayer for many years, like many recovering people. I LOVE this revised version of this prayer. It came from Jessi's blog. She heard it from a speaker at the Mead all-school meeting.

I plan to order Tamara Hall's book When Life Kicks, Kick back. Her refreshing approach to daily life seems like water on the desert sands! It's truly food for my soul.

Simply put, I need and want to work on all three parts of this prayer.

I want to honor and accept the people I cannot change.
I want to have the courage to make personal changes.
I want to have the wisdom to know that the only person I can change is...ME!!

This comes at a perfect time! I needed to hear this!

God Bless! Love, Linda

2 comments:

jessithompson said...

I love this too... a great reminder for me. I love you! XOXO

The Farrell Family said...

I think that you do an amazing job at accepting people where they are at. Thanks for the reminder for me today!

I'm proud of you for continuing to work on youself. God loves us too much to leave us like this :)

Love you.

Love, me

God is Good ALL the Time! The Last Six Months....

          "You will lose someone you can't live without and your               heart will be broken. The bad news is that you neve...